Oleg Zhigalov powers home a header to double our lead against FC URBURT this morning.

A goal either side of half-time from Oleg Zhigalov was enough to give the reserves a comfortable 2-0 win over French visitors FC URBURT at New Home Park this morning.

The young Russian opened the scoring in the twentieth minute, turning home a Vitor Leocadio cross after getting free of his marker.

Emil Vasiu made a surprise return to action following his injury, but his comeback lasted only thirty-two minutes before he had to hobble off having twisted his ankle.

It was 1-0 at half-time, but just seven minutes after the break Oleg got his, and the team’s, second goal of the match. Once again Vitor Leocadio was the provider, swinging in a tempting cross that Oleg powered home with his head.

Around the hour mark, Danilo Dramic had a chance to reduce the lead, however Emilio Juarez got a trailing leg to his shot to clear the ball to safety.

“We did well again today, and I’m really pleased for Oleg”, said Arjen Bogaert afterwards. “He works hard in training, and it’s really paying off. He’s now our top scorer in the Cup”.

The news wasn’t so good for Emil Vasiu however as the coach confirmed that the teenager faces a longer spell on the sidelines.

“Emil looks like he’s going to be out for up to three weeks. He’s twisted his ankle, but he’s also aggravated the existing injury and it’s flared up again”.

He continued, “My heart goes out to the lad. He’s absolutely devastated. It was one of those million-to-one injuries, but we’ve just got to get on with it”.

Arjen concluded, “We’ll not be rushing Emil back though. I would not rule out him missing the rest of the season. If that’s what it takes to get him back 100% for the start of next season, then so be it”.

In the other Group 1 match, leaders Knights Alliance FC had a narrow 2-1 win in Germany against BFC Büderich 05 to maintain their three point lead over Athletic and remain the only unbeaten side in the cup.

Elsewhere, in Group 2 Tomfires Eleven and Hardy’s fought out a very entertaining 2-2 draw in Switzerland, while Manlostudio F.C. recorded the largest win of the round, thumping Újpest Partisans 6-1 in Budapest.

The curse of the defending champions appears to be striking again in Group 3, with sapho fc going down to their second successive defeat, this time 0-1 away to FC Sandhasen Vorderpfalz. In the other match francezii had a narrow 1-0 win over Bergzilla FC.

Finally, in Group 4 Car Dusan recorded a narrow 1-0 win over Hertha Berliner Sportclub in Belgrade while in the other match FC Chalbermatti were given a walk-over 3-0 win against Kristberg.