José Eransus knocks home our opening goal against Carbrain FC this afternoon.

Brook Street got back to winning ways, and maintained our unbeaten record against Carbrain FC, with an excellent 3-1 win at New Home Park this afternoon.

Two second half strikes within a minute from Jake MacConnechy and Nemanja Janković added to José Eransus’s first half goal had the game wrapped up in the sixty-sixth minute, and although Aniol Cabezón pulled a goal back with fifteen minutes remaining, this was no more than a consolation.

Ironically, it was the visitors who had the first chance to take the lead in the eleventh minute however Xavier Benet was unable to make a decent contact with the ball and the opportunity was lost.

This was compounded just nine minutes later when José Eransus rifled the ball home from an acute angle, but things could have been much worse for the visitors had Nicola Magnoni in the Carbrain goal not turned over Oleg Zhigalov’s net-bound shot in the twenty-eighth minute.

The New Home Park coaching staff had certainly done their homework on the visitors and had instructed the players to attack down the left flank, and this paid dividends in the sixty-fifth and sixth minutes with Jake and Nemanja both found the net via this route.

It was thought that the two goals had effectively killed off the game, but when Aniol Cabezón found the net with fifteen minutes to play, this gave the visitors some hope and it took a goal-line clearance a minute later to preserve Brook Street’s two-goal lead after the ball had rattled the crossbar.

This however was to be the nearest Carbrain got to a fightback, and Brook Street collected the three points that takes them back up into second place.

A delighted Arjen Bogaert commented briefly at full-time saying, “We rode our luck at times, but I think we were worth our win.We’ve had a good record against Carbrain, and I was confident that this would continue today”.

He continued, “We did our homework well on them and we’ve got our reward”.