Emanuel Bohucký curls a sublime free-kick over the wall to tie the game at 2-2.

Emanuel Bohucký curls a sublime free-kick over the wall to tie the game at 2-2.

Brook Street and Blue Order served up a real cracker of a game at New Home Park this afternoon, sharing the honours in an eight-goal thriller. Yet, as early as the fifteenth minute it looked very different, as the Blues juggernaut threatened to simply sweep Brook Street aside as they raced to a two-goal lead.

With some home fans contemplated an early return to the pub, Athletic set about retrieving what appeared to be a lost cause. With just over half an hour gone, Brook Street made the breakthrough.

In a well-rehearsed move, Emanuel Bohucký flighted in a free-kick which was met by the head of Jake MacConnechy who, instead of heading for goal, flicked the ball onto Maranaj Batusha who had time to pick his spot and rifle the ball home.

Emanuel was in fine form from dead-ball situations this afternoon, and it was from the Slovak’s right boot that Brook Street hauled themselves level just before half-time when he curled a sublime free-kick over the wall and beyond the Blues keeper.

The Blues coach must have given his charges the hairdryer at the break, and it had the desired effect for them just three minutes after the restart when Šimun Porenta restored their lead.

This however was short-lived; three minutes to be exact, before Onésimo Murube blasted home the equaliser, then with sixty-nine minutes played, what seemed to be the unthinkable just fifty minutes earlier happened as Brook Street took the lead.

Nemanja Janković’s low drive saw the pendulum swing in the home side’s favour, however as is so often the case, an equaliser wasn’t far away; this time only six minutes had to elapse before Ryan Emslay fired the ball home for the final goal of the day.

While slightly disappointed that his side couldn’t hold on after taking the lead, Marcus Lövman was relieved that we’d secured a very unlikely point.

“I think that if we’d come away with a win, Blues could have grounds for thinking they had been robbed. In fact they may think that about the draw, but my players fought tooth and nail to get back into the game and I think for that reason alone, they deserved to take something from the game”.

He continued, “If anyone had said to me fifteen minutes in, ‘you’ll get a point’, I’d have thought they were completely mad, but the lads dug deep and produced probably the finest fightback at this club that I can certainly remember”.

“They were absolutely outstanding”.

Elsewhere, there were wins for ownerless sooside athletico, Airth Castle Rovers, and it was honours even between Vines Cross and -*FC BARCELONA*-. Brook Street remain out in front in the embryonic league, ahead on goal difference on four points from Blue Order and -*FC BARCELONA*-.