Onésimo Murube's trickery in the visitors’ box won him enough space to slam home our third goal.

Onésimo Murube’s trickery in the visitors’ box won him enough space to slam home our third goal.

Brook Street made very heavy weather of it, but eventually won 4-3 against Wha’s In Cherge Here in this afternoon’s Tayside derby at New Home Park.

The home side had to endure a double-whammy around the half hour mark when first, top scorer Leoš Loos was stretchered off following a horrendous challenge, then Malte Feuchtersleben fired home the opener for the visitors.

However, the home side quickly regained their composure, and captain Nemanja Janković levelled with a peach of a curling shot.

The home side were flying at this point, and another cross by the captain created havoc in the visitors’ six-yard box, but Rab Henderson was just unable to make contact with the ball and it was scrambled clear.

Brook Street restarted the second half on the front foot and only two minutes in, Oscar MacVarish thundered in our second goal to edge us in front for the first time.

Any thoughts that this would open the floodgates and see the managerless visitors swept aside were quickly dispelled in the fifty-fifth minute when Miguel Urzáiz Pardo levelled.

Worse was to follow five minutes later when the visitors stunned the home crowd by taking the lead, Nathaniel Warner being the scorer.

This spurred Brook Street into action and following some trickery in the visitors’ box, Onésimo Murube slammed the ball home.

“TheSaints” were on the back foot now, and when Maranaj Batusha scampered down the left flank and fired the ball home, it was clear the home side would not let the lead slip again.

The win combined with results elsewhere all but assured Brook Street third place in the division, but it was a far from happy Marcus Lövman who attended the post-match press conference.

When asked about the injury to Leoš Loos he said, “His season is over, that’s for sure, and the challenge that did this didn’t even earn a caution. The player’s leg was straight, his studs were up and it was from behind: three red cards rolled into one, yet what did he get? Nothing, that’s what!” fumed the coach.

He continued, “I’ve lost my top scorer for the run-in thanks to an act of thuggery, yet the ref thinks it’s an ok challenge. The scans suggest otherwise, that’s all I’ll say”.

When asked about the performance in general, he admitted, “That was easily our worst performance of the season, but we’ve come away with full points. Don’t ask me how”.

“We’re becoming far too sloppy in defence and that simply won’t do”, he said. “Needless to say, the defence will be doing extra training this week”.