Eyüphan Toga fires the ball home to open the scoring and send us on the road to our third victory in a row.

Eyüphan Toga fires the ball home to open the scoring and send us on the road to our third victory in a row.

After a goal-less first half, the match on Saturday exploded into life in the second and saw Eyüphan Toga net a hat-trick as Brook Street ran out 4-2 winners over Vines Cross.

Ironically, the visitors could have taken the lead in the forty-second minute, but for a fabulous save by Ezequiel Alexandrinho from a Román Álvarez free kick. Brook Street had the bulk of the first half possession, but had had difficulty in probing a way through Vines stubborn defence.

The second half started in the same manner as the first until just before the hour mark when Attila Gyöngyösi threaded an early pass all the way through to the onrushing Eyüphan Toga, who duly hit it first time high into the rigging.

Vines were hitting on the break, and it was from one of those counter-attacks that they ultimately levelled the scores. Andy Harte had been adjudged to have fouled Kevin Heintze, and up stepped that man Román Álvarez to curl an unstoppable shot into the net off the underside of the crossbar.

With the home fans roaring their favourites on, Brook Street came surging forward looking to restore their lead, and they got their reward when six minutes later. Eyüphan outsmarted his marker and met a through ball on the right before curling it in at the far post.

Brook Street were finding ways through the Vines defence on the flanks, and it was from a pass inside from Abel Soffia that Eyüphan completed his hat-trick, sliding the ball under the advancing Tomas Thörnström and into the net.

Vines weren’t out of it yet, and a minute later another Román Álvarez free kick caused havoc in the home defence, allowing Malky MacGlasson prod the ball home and set up a grandstand finish with six minutes remaining.

However, Brook Street weren’t going to let the lead slip now, and just two minutes later secured the points when Leoš Loos cut in from the left and fired the ball home to secure the win.

“We were fantastic today and I think we merited our win”, said a breathless Marcus Lövman at full time. “We showed real character today and scored some great goals”.

He continued, “It was important that we were alert to the threat caused by their counter-attacks, and I think we coped well with them. We perhaps didn’t defend their free kicks as well as we should have, but that is perhaps being a bit harsh”, he added. “Ok, the first one was absolutely unstoppable, but the second should have been booted clear”.

He added, “The fans were great today and really lifted the players. They really got behind the team after the equaliser and it showed. All of us really appreciated it”.

Elsewhere it was home wins all round as Carbrain continued marching on with a 4-2 win over Real Forfar; Airth Castle had a narrow 2-1 win against EK Tuggers; and Kessler’s Eleven romped to a 4-0 victory over -*FC BARCELONA*-.
So Carbrain remain out in front with 15 points, and Brook Street’s third win on the trot sees them move up into third place on 9 points behind Kessler’s Eleven on goal difference.