Leoš Loos watches on as his curling shot hits the net to level the scores.

Leoš Loos watches on as his curling shot hits the net to level the scores.

Brook Street saved their best performance of the season until the last game to defeat Airth Castle Rovers 6-2 at New Home Park this afternoon and secure a fourth place finish.

But it wasn’t all plain sailing for the home side, as they had to fight back after Darren Urquhart had stunned them with an eleventh minute opener for the visitors.

It took until the thirty-fourth minute for Brook Street to draw level through Leoš Loos, but within a further six minute, Brook Street were 3-1 up and Leoš had completed his hat-trick.

It was 3-1 at the break, but Rovers were far from out of it, and they pulled a goal back seven minutes into the second half with a powerful Olav Gruber-Veit header.

The game raged from end to end providing outstanding entertainment for the fans, and despite having two gilt-edged chances, Rovers could find no way past Ezequiel Alexandrino again, who was in sparkling form.

These misses were to prove costly in the last nine minutes of the game when first Andrew Cleary, who had come on for hat-trick hero Loos after an hour, struck to restore our two-goal lead.

A minute later and it was 5-2 as Eyüphan slammed home his opening goal, and two further minutes later Eyüphan fired home from a tight angle to complete the scoring.

Eyüphan’s second half brace ensured that the Turkish striker would finish the season as the division’s top scorer, while Leoš Loos’ hat-trick saw him finish third.

“It’s a great achievement to have two of the top three scorers in the division, but it just shows how tight this league is that we’ve only finished in fourth place”, admitted Marcus afterwards.

“I’m obviously delighted that we’ve got a top-four finish, but at the same time disappointed that our challenge faltered so badly this season”, he added.

“That aside, it’s not been an altogether bad season, and it has seen Andrew Cleary earn an Under-20 cap for Scotland”.

Turning to this afternoon’s game he continued, “Andrew took his goal very well this afternoon and showed just how much he has progressed this season.

“We are very potent up top, and the fact that all three of our strikers found the net today proves that, but we’ve got to tighten things up at the back if we’re to make progress”.

“We’ve dropped silly points this season and that’s something we’ll be working to eradicate before the start of the new season”.

He concluded, by saying, “The fans have had a bit of a rough season, but I’d like to thank every one of them who stuck by us”.

“Finally, I’d just like to wish Carbrain FC, Vines Cross and Airth Castle Rovers the very best of luck in their respective play-offs next weekend”.