Attila Gyöngyösi chips the ball home to tie the game at 2-2.

Attila Gyöngyösi chips the ball home to tie the game at 2-2.

Another three valuable points were secured at New Home Park this afternoon as Brook Street saw off Airth Castle by five goals to two, to exact some revenge on the side that demolished them 4-0 just three weeks ago.

The game exploded into life in the fifteenth minute when Pino Ulmi fired the visitors in front, but the lead lasted less than a minute before Nemanja Janković cracked in the equaliser.

Back came the visitors, and Darren Urquhart put them back in front with only nineteen minutes played. This lead didn’t last long either, as Attila Gyöngyösi levelled just two minutes later with play raging from end to end.

After this frenetic start to the game it settled down for a while, but a hopeful ball into the box just after half an hour broke to Attila who drove the ball home to fire Brook Street into the lead for the first time.

The next goal always looked as if it would be critical, and it fell to Brook Street twelve minutes after the break. In a well-rehearsed free-kick move, the ball found it’s way to Eyüphan Toga who had time to pick his spot and drive it high into the net.

Pino Ulmi had the opportunity to reduce the lead in the sixty-eighth minute, but pulled the shot wide, and this was to prove critical, as Emanuel Bohucký fired Brook Street into a decisive 5-2 lead seven minutes later.

At the post-match press conference, Marcus Lövman was clearly a happy man. “We’re delighted to get the win as we were in a bit of a rut. It was more like a cup tie in the first half, but we kept going at them and shut everything down in the second half”.

He continued, “Our midfield did very well and created plenty chances. We’ve taken them, and a very important three points have been secured”.

This alluded to the results today which saw Brook Street close to within three points off top spot after our hosts next week, Vines Cross, got an excellent battling 1-0 away win against Sparta.

Elsewhere, Kessler’s and Vodikavkaz shared the spoils with a 1-1 draw, and EK Tuggers recorded a 3-1 win over Arenelle Sports.